Clinical Practice Guidelines
IEHP develops and maintains clinical practice guidelines as standards of health care applicable to members and providers. The IEHP Quality Management Committee delegates responsibility for developing, reviewing, and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to the IEHP Standards Subcommittee. The QM Committee performs final approval and adoption of all guidelines. Clinical practice guidelines requiring pharmaceutical management are initiated and investigated through the Pharmacy and Therapeutics (PT) Subcommittee prior to review by the Standards Subcommittee.
All clinical practice guidelines are based on scientific evidence, review of the medical literature, or appropriately established authority, as cited. All recommendations are based on published consensus guidelines (National Guideline Clearinghouse) and do not favor any particular treatment based solely on cost considerations.
The recommendations for care are suggested as guides for making clinical decisions. Clinicians and their patients must work together to develop individual treatment plans that are tailored to the specific needs and circumstances of each patient.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files. You can download a free copy by clicking here. By clicking on this link, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
- Asthma GINA 2019 (PDF)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Pediatrics (PDF)
- Cardiovascular Health and Risk Reduction in Children and Adolescents (PDF)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (PDF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease COPD (PDF)
- Depression - Adolescent (PDF)
- Depression - Adolescent Tool Kit (PDF)
- Depression - Major Depressive Disorder (PDF)
- Diabetes Mellitus ADA (PDF)
- Fibromyalgia (PDF)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Adults (PDF)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Pediatrics (PDF)
- Hepatitis C AASLD Click Here (By clicking on this link, you will be leaving the IEHP website).
- Hypertension ACC (PDF)
- Migraine - Pharmacologic Treatment for Episodic Migraine Prevention in Adults (PDF)
- Multiple Sclerosis (PDF)
- Osteoarthritis - Nonpharmacologic and Pharmacologic Therapies in Osteoarthritis of the Hand, Hip and Knee (PDF)
- Pain Management (PDF)
- Pain Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PDF)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (PDF)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (PDF)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Summary of CDC Treatment Guidelines (PDF)
- Smoking Cessation (PDF)